At EZ-DELIVER, we strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture for everyone involved. We are fully committed to earning and maintaining trust regarding your information and helping you understand our privacy practices is the first step in building that trust.
This policy explains information collected by EZ-DELIVER, how it is used and shared, and your options regarding this data.
Last Modified: August 13, 2020
Effective Date: August 13, 2020
EZ-DELIVER currently provides services to users throughout the United States. The data controller for information you provide or that is collected by EZ-DELIVER or its affiliates is:
EZ RYDR EATS LLC
1903 Hixson Pike105 Glen Alden Circle
Chattanooga, TN 37405 Oxford, MS 38655
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
• Information that you provide to EZ-DELIVER, such as when you create your EZ-DELIVER account
• Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information
• Information from other sources, such as EZ-DELIVER partners and third parties that use EZ-DELIVER’s API
EZ-DELIVER collects the following categories of information:
1. Information You Provide to Us
This includes information submitted when you:
• Create or update your EZ-DELIVER account, which depending on your location and the EZ-DELIVER services you use may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information, government identification numbers, birth date, photo, links to social media pages, and University identification numbers
• Submit information about your vehicle or insurance (for driver partners)
• Consent to a background check (for Drivers where permitted by law)
• Request services through an EZ-DELIVER app or website
• Contact EZ-DELIVER, including for customer support
• Contact other EZ-DELIVER users through our services
• Complete surveys sent to you by EZ-DELIVER or on behalf of EZ-DELIVER
• Enable features that require EZ-DELIVER's access to your address book or calendar
2. Information Collected When You Use Our Services
• Location Information
Depending on the EZ-DELIVER Services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, EZ-DELIVER may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
o If you are a Driver, EZ-DELIVER collects location information when the EZ-DELIVER app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
o If you are a RYDR, EZ-DELIVER may collect location information when the EZ-DELIVER app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, EZ-DELIVER may also collect this information when the EZ-DELIVER app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
o RYDRs Customers may use the EZ-DELIVER app without enabling EZ-DELIVER to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your EZ-DELIVER app. For example, if you do not enable EZ-DELIVER to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your pickup delivery address. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver partner during your tripyour delivery, even if you have not enabled EZ-DELIVER to collect your location information.
• Transaction Information
We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of services you requested or provided, date and time the Service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
• Usage and Preference Information
We collect information about how you interact with our Services, preferences expressed, and settings chosen. In some cases, we do this using cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see our (link to) Cookie Statement/Policy
• Device Information
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our Services, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
• Log Information
When you interact with our Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
• Calls and Text Messages
We enable users to call or text each other through the EZ-DELIVER apps. For example, we enable Drivers and RYDRs Customers to call or text each other without disclosing their telephone numbers. To provide this service, EZ-DELIVER receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the text messages. EZ-DELIVER may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, and for analytics.
• Address Book and Calendar Information
If you permit the EZ-DELIVER app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our services and for other purposes described in this policy or at the time of consent or collection. If you permit the EZ-DELIVER app to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as event title and description, your response (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location, and number of attendees.
3. Information Collected From Other Sources
These may include:
• Users providing feedback, such as ratings or comments
• EZ-DELIVER business partners through which you create or access your EZ-DELIVER account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who use EZ-DELIVER's APIs or whose API EZ-DELIVER uses
• Insurance providers (if you are a Driver)
• Financial services providers (if you are a Driver)
• Partner transportation companies (if you are a driver partner who uses our services through an account associated with such a company)
• Publicly available sources, including background information on Drivers
• Marketing service providers
EZ-DELIVER reserves the right to combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
EZ-DELIVER collects and uses information to facilitate safe, reliable, convenient transportation and other products and services. EZ-DELIVER does not and will not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
EZ-DELIVER uses collected information for purposes including:
1. Providing Services and Features
EZ-DELIVER uses the collected information to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
• Enable transportation and other services
• Process or facilitate payments for those services
• Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services
• Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a driver partner, refer a friend to EZ-DELIVER, or share your trip details
• Enable features to personalize your EZ-DELIVER account, such as creating bookmarks for your favorite places or providing emergency contact information
• Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends
2. Safety and Security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Services. For example, we collect information from Drivers’ devices to identify unsafe driving behavior such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to raise awareness among driver partners regarding such behaviors.
3. Customer Support
EZ-DELIVER uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
• Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
• Investigate and address your concerns
• Monitor and improve our customer support responses
4. Research and Development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety, security, and reliability of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our Services.
5. Communications Among Users
EZ-DELIVER uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a Driver may text or call a RYDR Customer to confirm a pickup delivery location.
6. Communications from EZ-DELIVER
EZ-DELIVER may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events. EZ-DELIVER may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. EZ-DELIVER may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referenda and other political and policy processes that relate to our Services.
7. Legal Proceedings and Requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of EZ-DELIVER's Services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law.
COOKIES AND THIRD-PARTY TECHNOLOGIES
• Authenticating users
• Remembering user preferences and settings
• Determining the popularity of content
• Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
• Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Some of EZ-DELIVER’s products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, or for legal reasons or in the event of a dispute.
EZ-DELIVER may share collected information:
1. With Other Users
• For example, if you are a RYDRCustomer, we may share your first name, average rider rating given by Drivers, and pickup and/or dropoff locations with Drivers. If you share a ride with another RYDR, that RYDR may be told your name and may see your pickup and/or dropoff location.
• If you are a Driver, we may share information with your RYDRs Customers including your name and photo; your vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; your location; your average rating provided by RYDRsCustomers; and contact information (depending upon applicable laws). If you choose to complete a driver profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that past RYDRs have submitted about you. The rider/delivery recipient will also receive a receipt containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, your first name, photo, a map of the route you took, and other transaction details.
2. At Your Request
This includes sharing your information with:
• Other people at your request. For example, we may share your ETA and location with a friend at your request, or your trip information when you split a fare with a friend.
• EZ-DELIVER business partners. For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, EZ-DELIVER may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom EZ-DELIVER may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
3. With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We encourage and love hearing feedback from our users -- including through public forums such as EZ-DELIVER blogs, social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
4. With the owner of EZ-DELIVER accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your trip information with the owner of that profile. This occurs, for example, if you are:
• A Driver using an account owned by a partner transportation company
5. With EZ-DELIVER subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our Services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, EZ-DELIVER may process or store information in the United States on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
6. With EZ-DELIVER service providers and business partners
EZ-DELIVER may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. For example, EZ-DELIVER may provide information to such parties to help facilitate insurance coverage, to conduct surveys on our behalf, and to process payments for our Services.
7. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
EZ-DELIVER may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request.
• This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect EZ-DELIVER's rights or property or the rights or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our Services. If you use another person's credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including trip information.
• This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company. Please see (uses link here) EZ-DELIVER's Guidelines for Law Enforcement Authorities for more information.
8. With your consent
EZ-DELIVER may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
INFORMATION RETENTION AND DELETION
EZ-DELIVER retains your information while your account remains active, unless you ask us to delete your information or your account. Subject to the exceptions described below, EZ-DELIVER deletes or anonymizes your information upon request.
Subject to applicable law, EZ-DELIVER may retain information after account deletion:
• If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute;
• If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymized form.
• EZ-DELIVER may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, if EZ-DELIVER shuts down a user's account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, EZ-DELIVER may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new EZ-DELIVER account in the future.
CHOICE AND TRANSPARENCY
EZ-DELIVER provides means for you to see and control the information that EZ-DELIVER collects, including through:
• In-app privacy settings
• Device permissions
• In-app ratings pages
• Marketing opt-outs
The Privacy Settings menu in our RYDR App gives users the ability to set or update their location and contacts sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from EZ-DELIVER. Riders can also delete their EZ-DELIVER account from the Privacy Settings menu.
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the EZ-DELIVER app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the EZ-DELIVER app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
After every trip, Drivers and RYDRs Customers are able to rate each other, as well as give feedback on how the trip went. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe, inclusive environment for both Drivers and RYDRsCustomers. Your RYDR Customer rating is available in the main menu of the EZ-DELIVER rider app. Your Driver rating is available in the Ratings tab of the EZ-DELIVER driver app.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in EZ-DELIVER's apps. You can also look up your trips, orders and deliveries history in the EZ-DELIVER apps.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from EZ-DELIVER (link EZ-DELIVER.com/unsubscribe) here. You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from EZ-DELIVER by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your rides or information about your account.
We are committed to protecting the data of the EZ-DELIVER community. Even though we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the EZ-DELIVER apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.